“Translation is that which transforms everything so that nothing changes”
English to Arabic Certified Translation with a personal touch
What makes an accurate, successful translation?
- Native Arabic speakers with training/ education in translation
- An awareness and sensitivity to cultural and social needs
- Attention to detail
- A flexible, responsive and accurate service
- Excellent research skills
That’s why at Albayan Translations you will work with me, a native Arabic speaker living in Calgary, Canada, with a proven track record in the translation sector. I am a certified translator from ATIA (Association of Translators and Interpreters of Alberta).
Good translation or great translation?
What’s the difference?
A good translation will provide you with a document that’s translated literally.
A great translation will make sure it’s literally perfect but with the meaning and nuances of the text also successfully carried over into the other language.
Going beyond the normal by paying attention to the fine detail of your text, I’ll ensure all your translations are carried out accurately and with sensitivity to remove any potential barriers to communication.
The next step
Get in touch and let me help you speak clearly to your Arabic audience.
A bit about Bayan Taleb
As we will be working together, you probably want to know a bit more about me.
I have a Bachelor’s Degree in English Language and Literature, and a Post-Graduate Degree in Interpreting. I am an English to Arabic certified translator from ATIA (Association of Translators and Interpreters of Alberta. I am also a certified English- Arabic translator from ATN-APTS (the Arab Professional Translators Society) (License no. 30196).
I have been working in the field of English to Arabic translation/ Arabic transcription since 2007. Since graduation, I have gained a vast amount of experience in the translation industry working as an independent translator and transcriptionist with a wide variety of international clients.
Every project I work on is approached with the utmost respect and attention to detail to the benefit of my clients, target audience and the texts that I translate.
To read what my clients say about my service, please feel free to check my LinkedIn profile here, under recommendations: Bayan Taleb | LinkedIn
Here is a quick look at some of the major jobs I’ve done so far:
- An ongoing job translating the website of a graphic design company and the templates on its platform.
- An ongoing job translating the website of a global tech firm, focused on simplifying businesses’ ability to expand and manage compliance and pay.
- An ongoing job translating the updates and news of a social media platform.
- An ongoing job editing training materials in the field of cyber security.
- A total of 485,000 words related to hospitality, and food and beverage service.
- A total of 150,520 words related to healthcare.
- I handled a project that lasted two years covering the political and social situation in Iraq between 2010 and 2012. My job was to transcribe and translate interviews with Iraqis. A total of 2000 minutes transcribed and translated (around 500,000 translated words). Along with the translation of interviews, the filming instructions of each interview were translated, a total of 192,000
- A 453,522 words’ project covering major political events in the Arab world, with a focus on the Gulf region.
- A 100,000 words’ project related to occupational health and safety in the oil and gas industry (focus on offshore operations).
- A total of 200,645 words related to school reports, with a focus on the Individualized Education Program (IEP) and children with special needs (evaluations and assessments).
- A total of 75,000 words’ project (several batches) of training courses related to anti-money laundering and terrorism financing for officials in the Middle East.
- Ongoing editing project related to cyber security and how to train employees to detect cyber-attacks and report them (200,000 words so far).
- A total of 50,000 words’ project related to Intercultural and interreligious dialogue.
- A total of 90,450 words’ project related to consumer electronics manuals.
- A total of 18,030 words translating websites of several universities in Asia.
Just to mention a few :)…
I work in the following areas:
With an eye for detail, ethical stance and responsive service, my clients enjoy a flexible, personal service that delivers high quality translations every time.